Daily care & maintenance
Sweep, dust, or vacuum regularly to remove piled-up dirt or grit that can scratch or dull the surface of your floor. If you use a vacuum, turn off the beater brush or raise it to avoid scratching your tile. Dry and wet mop as desired.
To keep your grout clean and stain-free, it’s a good idea to spray it with vinegar and wipe it down once a week. You can also wipe grout with alcohol to keep mold and mildew at bay. In any case, just a few spritzes and wipes a week can save you a lot of time and effort cleaning, preserving the attractive appearance of your home in the process.
Preventative maintenance tips
- Place mats at entrances and encourage visitors to use them
- Move heavy furniture carefully (never drag it)
- Use floor protectors under furniture legs
- Wipe up any water-based spills immediately
- Use only a recommended cleaning solution and make sure it does not contain harsh chemicals such as vinegar, chlorine, or ammonia
- Rinse affected areas with clean water to remove sticky residues